Friday, February 17, 2012

Be Some-Buddy For Some-Buddy


To bounce off of my last post, Big Brothers Big Sisters introduced me to a school program of theirs called Lunch Buddies.  Although this program takes place at all of the elementary schools in Greensburg, I was assigned to Amos K. Hutchinson Elementary School.  This program changed my life because it made me a Big Sister.  When becoming a Big, you are a Big for life.  So, although this may just be a school to some, this place allowed me to make an impact that I never knew I could.  I have helped a child, my Little, to gain a better sense of self, how to embrace friendship, and to realize that nothing is impossible or far from your grasp.  But, most importantly, my eleven year old Little Brother has taught me all of the same things.  Whether I'm in Greensburg or a thousand miles away, this experience will forever stay with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment