Thursday, March 15, 2012

Who Rescued Who?

I was driving around today and got stuck at a red light... how inconvenient.  The SUV in front of me had a bumper sticker that is the inspiration for this post... which is very convenient.  A small magnetic paw print with the phrase "Who rescued who?" centered perfectly was stuck to the left of their license plate.  I couldn't get my phone camera to load quick enough to take a picture, but it immediately made me think of a place that holds a special place in my heart.

The Animal Friends of Westmoreland is a no kill animal shelter that takes in as many dogs and cats as they can.  When they have no more room left, they make room so that animals won't be put down.


This shelter resides in Youngwood (gasssssp, I broke my rule about Greensburg but this place is worth it!!)  I started volunteering at the shelter this past fall and can truly say is has changed my life.  I guess this is where that bumper sticker struck home for me.  I've worked with multiple animals and all have impacted me differently.  How can you deny these faces...

Ray Ray
Casey


Phoebe (ironic, right?)
I referred to this little guy as Nugget 

Shane
Bubba

Each of these pups has a story and being able to learn about them and with them has changed me for the better.  I guess you can say they have all rescued me.  I encourage all of you to stop down some day, I ensure you you will be wearing a smile the whole time.  I know I do :)


 Be a voice for those that cannot speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment