Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Do A Double Take

Everyone knows that Greensburg is filled with older styled buildings and some truly beautiful architecture.  One of the most beautiful buildings, in my opinion, would be the Blessed Sacrament Cathedral located downtown.


If you look closely at the detail that is put into the archways, columns, and brickwork, it is truly amazing.  Here are some other views...


Now for my most favorite part of all.  Above the entry way of the front of the cathedral is a beautifully worked circular piece of stone.  From afar you may not notice the detail...


Yea, see I told you you wouldn't.  And don't blame it on the awkwardly positioned cars either.  Look closer...


Ahh, now that's what I call beautiful! :)



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't go in because I was taking pictures during a service (hence those cars), I'll get those pictures eventually though!

    ReplyDelete