Friday, January 27, 2012

Home Of The Bobcats

The University of Pittsburgh at Greensburg is the home of the almighty Bobcats.  You can even check out their website to prove it... http://www.greensburg.pitt.edu.  


But, wait... Most would ask "What's a bobcat?"

No, it's not a tiger, or a wolverine, or a leopard.

It's simply a North American wildcat that has a feisty attitude, keen eye, and is highly territorial, of course.  They may look something like this...


However, although we are located in North America (for those of you out there who didn't know already know this), the one that protects UPG's campus looks something like this...


Come find him at the end of Finoli Drive, I dare you.  Come on, don't be a scaredy cat!

4 comments:

  1. This Bobcat is miniature and disproportionate to his rock. It drives me insane when I see him, and I have to wonder if anyone else is bothered by this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does seem a little small, and I don't like how he is crouching... he's not too intimidating that way.. I agree Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! My boss is looking for some artwork for the office and we found your bobcat photo on google image search (the photo in the middle on this page). What's the source for that photo? Do you know where I can contact the photographer? Thanks!

    Amanda DeMoss
    Production Manager
    The American Oil & Gas Reporter
    P.O. Box 343
    Derby, KS 67037
    P: 800-847-8301
    F: 316-788-7568
    International Calls: 001-316-788-6271
    ademoss@aogr.com
    www.aogr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I'm sorry to say I am unsure of the original source of the photograph. I found it scanning Google, as well, for a class. I'm sorry I could not be more help!

    ReplyDelete